Choosing the right solicitor can help you save time, money and in some cases your sale. We are happy to supply a list of solicitors/conveyancers if required.
The emotional appeal required to stir the spirit of buyers is unlikely to be generated by a poorly presented property. Presentation of your property is a critical factor in achieving the highest possible price.
Instant smell, instant sell – everyone knows that trick! Brew up a pot of real coffee just before that door bell rings and make sure the aroma of freshly ground coffee smacks likely buyers in the face just as they walk through the door. That’s one. But probably not the best one. Consider these:
- A confident buyer sweeps into a room. An unconvinced buyer has had to sweep through litter, pizza boxes and junk mail just to get in. Keep things tidy.
- In winter, have lights on during the day time. They can add enchantment. Or disenchantment, if light bulbs are missing.
- There’s a big difference between getting a feel for a place and having to feel our way around! Which is why lighting in a room is important. Natural light can liven a place up and give a feeling of freshness and cleanliness. So draw back those curtains – and open those windows. If you don’t have curtains and it’s still dark, check your windows. They may need urgent cleaning. There’s always a first time.
- In vacant properties, always leave some furniture behind to give the place a lived in feeling.
- Peeling paint suggests that work needs to be done on the property. This could be used to re-negotiate the price.
- If you have a garden, check outside the house is as neat and tidy as the inside.
- To a nervous first time buyer, a damp stain caused by a minor past leakage suggests an impending flood.
- Ensure your agent knows what makes your house a “home” – explain why it has that special feel to you, point out its highlights.
We recommend that you leave a set of keys at our office as it is best to show buyers your property as soon as they enquire. If you do, you’ll enjoy:
- A hassle free service. With a set of your keys, we can organise viewings without you having to organise your busy days around potential viewings.
- Worry free viewings. All keys are carefully tagged and secured in a locked box for your privacy and security.
- No purchasers can view a property unaccompanied – one of our trained agents will be present for every inspection.
- tidy up before a viewing
- let the viewer have freedom to wander around
- follow potential buyers around
- talk over them
- hurry them
Occasionally we may need to contact you at short notice. If you go away on work or holiday, please let us know and give us any additional numbers or address where we can contact you.
Talk To Us
Don’t be afraid to ask us for help or informed opinions. From details on presenting your property to major decisions about which offer is right for you or possible price reductions, we know your market and are ideally placed to offer expert, impartial advice.
It is part of our commitment to provide totally professional advice that will deliver the maximum benefits to you.